Having a proactive approach to media has never been more important than it is today. You can not just turn off the TV as in years past. In today’s world the internet, smartphones, tablets, and TV are ever-present in a child’s environment. That is why taking the time to create a family media plan is the key to balancing screen time for your family.
Here are a few guidelines for a family media plan:
- Create a Family Media Use Plan
- It is important to set limits
- Be a good example for your children
- For younger children limit screen time within guidelines
- Create zones that are tech-free (for everyone)
- Technology should not be used as a pacifier
- Spend the time to research Apps for your kids
- Talk to your children about the dangers online: predators, sharing information, and sexting
Click here for the family media planning tool.